Have you heard of vision boards and thought about making one, but just can’t seem to get it off the ground? Don’t worry—you’re not alone. According to research, only 8% of people achieve their goals, but those who make and use vision boards on a regular basis are amongst the 8%. A vision board is a collection of images, words, and phrases that inspire you and remind you of your goals. When done right, a vision board can serve as a powerful tool to manifest and create the life of your dreams. In this article, you will learn the steps to create a vision board that actually works to manifest your desired reality. We’ll cover the process of gathering inspiration to create a vision board, where to display your board, and how to ensure it’s working for you. By the end, you’ll have the keys to understanding how to make a vision board that actually works.
How to Manifest Using a Vision Board?
You want your Vision Board to be filled with vibrant positivity. The images of your goals should encourage and motivate you to pursue them. You want to create a vision board with intention and purpose.
Quick run down on How To Manifest:
- Get clear on what you want aka your goals
- Take aligned action by doing something that helps to propel you closer to your goals
- Trust the timing of when your goals will come into your reality
If you look at a picture of your dream home and get an exciting feeling within you, use that energy to take action on your goals and try your best to stay in a high vibrational state.
What to Include on Your Vision Board?
You can include on your vision board images of your goal, motivational quotes, angel numbers, just about anything that you can use to visualize your goals.
Some topics you can include are…
- your dream home – get specific with the aesthetic and what type of rooms you want to have (e.g. an art room, a movie theatre room, a large pool with a camp fire)
- physical health – types of workout classes (e.g. pilates, yoga, zumba)
- travel destinations
- self-care activities you want to practice more (e.g. journaling, meditation, a warm bath)
- social (e.g. friendships and relationships)
- career goals (e.g. day-to-day tasks, different occupations you want to try)
- hobbies (e.g. painting, blogging)
- lifestyle aesthetic – how do you want your everyday to look like?
How Long Does a Vision Board Take to Make?
A vision board typically takes a few hours to plan and execute. However, if you want an easier and done-for-you solution to manifest quicker, use these downloadable Vision Board Kits below to create your own today!
How To Create a DIGITAL Your Vision Board?
- Go on Pinterest and create board of all your vision board pictures you want to include
Save vision board pictures, motivational quotes, and anything that inspires you. Try to add the word “aesthetic” of what you’re searching for to find prettier images that may make your vision board look better. For example, travel aesthetic, selfcare aesthetic.
2. Open Canva and enter a custom size below for your base
Try using the following dimensions…
- Desktop Wallpaper: 1920 x 1080px
- Phone Wallpaper: 1080 x 1920px
- Printable Vision Board: 8.5 x 11″ (letter size)
3. Drag and drop your images to create a collage
An easy way to create a collage is to…
- Import all your images
- Highlight all your images and lower the size as they may import to full size and be too big
- Align all your images to fit next to each other – you can choose to overlap some of the images or leave as is
- Add your motivational text/quotes using the text tool or importing those images
- Click “share” then “download” as “JPG” for digital use
Once you hit download, you can save the image on your phone/laptop lock screen.
How To Create a PHYSICAL Vision Board Board?
- Use a poster board or the glass from inside a frame as your base
- Print your images
- Layout how you want your images to look on the base
- Trim as needed to fit
- One by one, apply ModPog, Elmer’s glue (any liquid glue is fine) or use double sided tape
- Once the images are done drying, add your motivational words by following steps 3-5
- Allow everything to dry and hang up your vision board
How Many Times to Look at Your Vision Board?
I always try my best to keep my vision board somewhere in my bedroom where I can see it first thing when I wake up, as I’m working, and before bed. This is above my desk area and it helps me to stay focused and remember the bigger picture whenever I find myself in a rut.
You want this to be somewhere accessible because subconsciously your brain is going to register what it is you want exactly and in turn help you make decisions that fit those goals. Another alternative is to keep your vision board as your phone lock screen, laptop screensaver, or on your mirror.
How Often Should You Create a Vision Board?
I always recommend creating a vision board a maximum of every 3 months. The truth is making a vision board for the whole entire year can feel extremely overwhelming and even disappointing too if the end of the year comes to an end and you realize you haven’t accomplished much on your board.
Plan your vision board every month or at the very least every 3 months so you can break down your goals into bite size pieces and tailor your vision board each time to better reach your goals.
However, take the action to create your overall year end vision board. Then, break down the bigger goals into smaller goals by dividing them into a 3 month plan or monthly plan.
What are the Benefits of Making a Vision Board?
The benefits of making a vision board is that you become productive, ambitious, and focused on your goals. You can finally turn that dreams of yours into a plan to make it a reality. The dreams don’t feel so far away anymore and you realize how much potential you truly have within you to reach your biggest dreams. I think creating a vision board for me teaches me how no goal is out of reach. Think day one instead of one day.
Creating a vision board and following through with it are key to manifesting our goals and achieving success. To get the most out of a vision board, one must think carefully about their goals, gather the necessary materials and tools, and take action to achieve those goals. It’s important to be consistent, follow through on projects and ideas, and use creative and positive visual reminders.
Take the time today to create a vision board for yourself. You have the power to manifest what you want and the sky’s the limit. Commit to yourself and take that first step towards reaching your dreams. Now is the time to take the action needed and make it happen.
We all deserve to create the life we want and using a vision board to help in the process is one of the most effective tools to make it happen. For those looking to create a life they love, a vision board is the first step to get there.