Self-love is the key to happiness. If you don’t love yourself, how can you expect to be loved by others?
If you want to get clear on what you want in life, it’s important to start with a journaling exercise. Journaling is a great way to help you get in touch with your true self, who you really are deep down inside. It also helps you to find out what kind of life you are meant for and what path will lead you there.
A journal is a private place where you can express yourself freely without fear of judgment or criticism. It is a place where all your thoughts, emotions and feelings can come out without being judged or criticized by anyone else but yourself.
Self discovery journal prompts:
- What do I value most in life?
- How do you overcome sadness?
- What makes you happy?
- How do you push yourself on hard days?
- Describe your ideal day.
- What do you think about yourself?
- How does love feel?
- What does love mean to you?
- What makes you sad?
- How do you show kindness to others and improve?
- What triggers a negative reaction from you?
- Describe an environment that makes you feel safe.
- How can you create a balanced lifestyle?
- How do you want other people to remember you as?
- What do you want your legacy to be?